Director, Facilities & Engineering
The Facilities Engineer is a team member overseeing the facilities operations in a Granules pharmaceutical facility. This role includes maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, critical utilities, and general upkeep of the facility. Planning/scheduling, contractor arrangements, successful or improving metrics, and GMP documentation of all activities are necessary aspects of this role.
- Manage the design, planning, construction, and maintenance of building, equipment, and other facilities.
- Maintaining all necessary documents as per Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards.
- Developing, executing, and reviewing the IQ/OQ/PQ protocol of in-process machine, equipment and utilities.
- Worked with pharmaceuticals manufacturing machine/equipment and performed installation, qualification and upgrades of machines as required.
- Troubleshoot very large-scale integrated circuit used in pharmaceuticals manufacturing equipment/machines.
- Assisting, coordinating and supervise equipment commissioning, installation, and validations.
- Performing engineering management of any electrical/facility upgrades and/or expansion.
- Analyzing and reacting to project estimates and facilitating capacity and process constraints.
- Managing costs to justify various tools equipment, processes or method improvements for cost reduction, quality improvements, innovation, safety, and improved electrical efficiency.
- Responsible for managing and supervising a general mechanic and an electrical engineer.
- Coordinate and support warehouse, production, and laboratory team on facility related issues.
- Maintain execute scheduled preventative maintenance and calibration.
- Perform all EHS related activities including personnel training on safety procedures on the production floor and overall site.
- Perform risk management activities such as corrective and preventive action (CAPA), failure mode effects analysis (FMEA), design failure mode effects analysis (DFMEA).
- Troubleshoot process and quality defects in area of responsibility.
- Review production, quality control and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- A minimum of a Bachelor/Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Science, or related field.
- At least two years of experience in the position offered or in any position/title providing experience with working on very large-scale integrated circuits and performing installations, qualifications, and upgrades of machines.